COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Gardeners’ Garden competition 2018 sponsored by Cobra
Who can enter:
The Gardeners’ Garden competition 2018 is open to amateur gardeners who do not earn a living by designing or maintaining gardens for money. The gardens must be private gardens located in the UK, that may be open occasionally to the public for charities/fund-raising activities only, not as a profit-making activity for the benefit of the owner. The gardens must also be maintained by the owner with no more than one full-time helper or two part-time helpers.
How to enter:
Visit the Garden Answers website page www.gardenanswersmagazine.co.uk/gardenersgarden2018
Submit your garden image(s) following the easy uploading intructions
Please label all entries with your surname
The total size of your entry form and images should not exceed 3MB
You may enter up to five images of your garden, uploading them one at a time, using a fresh entry form each time
The closing date for entries is 5pm on 1 June 2018
Winners will be announced on 10 October 2018
Judging and selection process:
The judging panel will create a shortlist of gardens. If your garden is shortlisted you will receive a visit from the judging panel, who will choose one overall winner and two runners up, who will receive second and third prizes. These three winners will be announced on the Garden Answers website and social media platforms, and in the November 2018 issue of Garden Answers magazine. There will also be announcement on the Cobra website and social media platforms.
The People’s Choice Award will be voted for online by visitors to www.gardenanswersmagazine.co.uk between 2 June and 14 September. The People’s Choice winner will be announced on the Garden Answers website and social media platforms, and in the November 2018 issue of Garden Answers magazine. There will also be announcement on the Cobra website and social media platforms.
We will keep applicants updated throughout the selection process.
The judging panel will comprise Liz Potter, Editor of Garden Answers magazine; Liz Challoner, Director of Cobra; Holly Daulby of Paskett PR; George Plumptre, Director of The National Garden Scheme; and Martin Fish, expert gardener and writer.
All shortlisted gardens will be professionally photographed, unless by prior agreement or circumstances prevent this, and will appear in Garden Answers magazine.
• The best overall garden will win £1,000 RRP-value of Cobra garden equipment of their choice.
• The second place runner up will win £500 RRP-value of Cobra garden equipment of their choice.
• The third place runner up will win £250 RRP-value of Cobra garden equipment of their choice.
• The People’s Choice winner will win a further £250 RRP-value of Cobra garden equipment of their choice.
• Voters in the People’s Choice award will each be automatically entered into a prize draw to win a Cobra garden Multi-tool MT250C £249.99
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. The Promoter is Bauer Consumer Media Ltd Media House, Peterborough Business Park, Lynch Wood, Peterborough PE2 6EA. The Sponsor is Cobra Garden, Henton & Chattell ltd, London Road, Nottingham NG2 3HW
2. Bauer Media competition terms and conditions can be found at www.bauerlegal.co.uk/competition-terms.html
3. The competition is open to all residents of the UK (England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland or the Channel Islands), aged 16 years or older, except the employees of the Promoter and Sponsor, their families, agencies or anyone else associated with the competition. Gardeners aged 16 or 17 years old must obtain permission from their parent/guardian.
4. You are responsible for ensuring that selected images support your garden’s entry. You also represent that all information you provide upon registration and at all other times will be true, accurate, current and complete.
5. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility for incomplete, lost, delayed or fraudulent entries.
6. The closing date for entries is 5pm on 1 June 2018. Entries received after the closing date will not be considered. Only one entry will be permitted per person.
7. Entrants may submit up to five photographs to the Garden Answers website to support their entry. The total size of your images must not exceed 3MB.
8. All entries will be reviewed by the judging panel who will create a shortlist based on the images submitted.
9. Shortlisted entries will be notified by phone or email from 29 June 2018. In the event the Promoter cannot reach a shortlisted entrant within 7 working days from notice, the Promoter reserves the right to ask the judges for a substitute.
10. The judging panel will visit the shortlisted gardens to take photographs and talk with the entrant about their garden. Visits will take place by 19 August 2018.
11. The judges will select one overall winner, plus second and third place winners from the shortlist.
12. After the competition closing date, visitors to the Garden Answers website will be invited to vote to select the People’s Choice winner. Each voter will be required to enter an email address to vote, which then entitles them to be entered for a prize draw. The winner of the prize draw will win a prize as detailed above.
13. The winner, two runners up and People’s Choice winner will be announced in the November issue of Garden Answers magazine, website and social media from 10 October 2018. The Promoter will notify all winners independently by phone and email.
14. The overall winning garden and two runners up may be visited by a professional photographer for a feature in Garden Answers magazine. In the event the Promoter cannot reach a winner within 7 working days from notice, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to a runner-up, or to offer the prize in any future promotion.
15. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence relating to the competition will be entered into.
16. There is no cash alternative and the prize will not be transferable.
17. The competition prizes are subject to availability.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with one of the same or greater value.
19. You must supply to the Promoter with your full name, email address and daytime telephone number. The Promoter will use your personal details in accordance with the Bauer Media Data Promise (www.bauerdatapromise.co.uk/).
20. By entering, you accept that your garden, names and location may be used in pre-arranged publicity for the competition by the Promoter and Sponsor.
21. By entering, you grant the Promoter a free, perpetual non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, sub-licensable, worldwide licence to use or reproduce all images submitted for the competition in its publications, websites, social media and other media outlets.
22. The Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to amend these terms and conditions or to cancel, alter or amend the competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, or if circumstances arise outside of its control.
23. The Promoter excludes liability to the full extent permitted by law for any loss, damage or injury occurring to any entrant arising from his or her entry into the competition or occurring to the winners arising from their acceptance of a prize.
24. The Promoter excludes liability to the full extent permitted by law for any damage occurring to any gardens arising from the involvement of this competition.
25. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse access to the competition.
For full Bauer Terms & Conditions click here www.bauerlegal.co.uk/competition-terms.html