Garden Answers magazine
Garden Answers is the magazine that guarantees hands-on help for gardeners. Every month it brings you help and advice on flowers, fruit and veg - all in one magazine. So whether you want beautiful borders, a thriving veg plot - or both - then Garden Answers will help you achieve them. Every month it will inspire you with gardens to visit, in-depth looks at different plants and projects for your garden, plus tests on essential garden tools, answers to your gardening questions and great competitions, to help you get the most from your garden all year round.
- Inside our October issue (on sale now)
- Fiery plants – create a sizzling patio
- Pretty potagers – get creative with fruit, veg and edible flowers
- Hot new plants – ignite your borders with late-season interest
- Create a natural bulb display – plant crocus and daffodils in your lawn
- Beat winter blues – what to sow and grow to brighten the colder months
- Wildlife – learn about your nocturnal garden visitors
- Grow and eat – train fruit trees to get a huge crop in a small place
- Celebrate… October, with plants to show off autumn hues
- Garden heroes – meet Alan North, Head Gardener at Audley End, Essex
- Top ten – spring bulbs to plant now
- Jobs for October – find out what you could be doing this month
- Clare Foggett tells you how to turn green tomatoes red from the greenhouse
- Pippa Greenwood celebrates autumn foliage
- Beautiful borders – fountains of pennisetum and colourful chrysanths sizzle in autumn
- Be inspired by readers' gardens – this month we visit a beautiful borders in Hertfordshire and an exotic Norfolk 'jungle'
- Join Sarah Hopps as she visits a plant-collector's paradise at Mount Stewart in County Down
- Your questions answered, including winter hanging baskets, curbing caterpillar attack, wiping out winter heliotrope, and more
- Garden health check – advice for overhauling shrubs
- Garden buys – leaf collecting products and harvesting kits
- Over to you – readers' letters and photos
- Community gardening – a Portsmouth wasteland turned into a gardening hub
- Columnist Naomi Schillinger on back-friendly gardening
Great offers and competitions
- We’ve got more than £1,450 worth of products to give away including a a luxuty two-night break and garden visit in Edinburgh, Fiskars axes, and a cottage break at RDPB Minsmere. Just click the WIN tab at the top of this page to enter.
- For every reader there's FREE tulip bulbs as well as money-saving offers on ornamental orchard trees and echinaceas
- Puzzles and prizes – win some fruit and veg booster, a £50 box of daffodils, or just play for fun!
Subscribe to Garden Answers magazine, every issue delivered to your door, for the best offers and discounts. A Garden Answers magazine subscription will also make the ideal gift or present, so click here to subscribe today!